Will wonders never cease?
Thanks to a bit of side funding from Patreon, we're able to spend a bit more time on older projects that need a little oomph here and there.
Five Men in Normandy wasn't the first game I wrote, but it was the first game under the Nordic Weasel branding and while she got a facelift in the 30 cal edition I know there's still die-hards playing the rules.
So I thought I'd add a few tweaks that I think make the game more exciting, as well as give you guys some new content.
* A few updates to how you create your initial squad. It now defaults to 5 rolls with some nations getting a +/- 1 depending on the time of the war.
You can also select to be green, seasoned or veteran which affects your initial skill and gear rolls a tiny bit.
* Enemy forces now default to 4 rolls instead of 3. When fighting the Soviets add +1.
* Force lists are added for Japanese and Chinese forces.
* Rolling "extra grenades" now gives you 3 instead of 2.
* Each army now has a Tactic listed. Basically once per battle, you can swap the Action roll result for the described tactic (scurry, firefight or standard turn).
* The special ability for Finnish troops has been fixed.
* Scurry and Firefight turns no longer allow the enemy to respond. This is a big change, but after testing it, I believe it does make the game a lot more fun to play.
* Standard turns now allow half the squad to activate instead of a fixed number.
* I removed the marching fire rule from self-loading rifles. If you really like it you can keep using it of course but i was never super happy with it.
This is a free update, so go ahead and download your copy of the rules again.
If you downloaded them for free and have had fun, please consider going back and paying a few bucks into the pot.
If you haven't checked the game out yet, no time like the present.
You can find it Pay What You Want here