Thursday, 18 May 2017

An Orc Too Far updates

The beta test continues.

We've gotten a ton of good feedback so it'll likely continue until the end of the month, maybe even a bit further.

The good news is that essentially, everything works more or less.
There are individual parts that need some tweaking and a lot of little, unclear parts that will get fixed up.
Formations in particular may end up changing dramatically or even being removed altogether.

We of course have the benefit of working from a core system that was already tested, so we just have to work with the fantasy chrome.


I am in two minds of whether I'll do a significant content update to the beta version.
There will probably be another add-on document to test out, with some war machine and monster traits, but that may be it as far as updating it before release.

The main reason is that with time being somewhat limited of course, I'd sooner spend that time working on the final release instead.

If there are components that people really want to see in the beta, let me know though, I might be judging it wrong.


Campaign rules will most likely be a tweak on the Scum of the Earth campaign rules but with some more "fantastical" chrome added of course.

Ditto for the "veteran battalion" rules.

I will do everything possible to make sure that a points system comes included but if it looks like it's release without it or don't release at all, well...


Lastly, anyone that wants to contribute a photo or two of their gaming tables, hit me up by email.
I'd love to feature your stuff.

Best wishes
Ivan