Sunday, 10 January 2016

General progress.

Usurper has seen quite a few readability improvements recently.
Tables are being (slowly) replaced with more readable ones, as well as adding more explanations.

I love the game, but the release got mangled a bit and it took me forever to track down a backup of the file.

If you bought the game, make sure to re-download your file.

* * * * *

Five Men at Kursk is proceeding nicely. Working through the special rules/exceptions right now (weather, demolitions etc.), then vehicles will be tackled soon.

If you fancy writing a few words about it on your blog, let me know, and I can fling you a preview.

* * * * *
Kicking around ideas for a 20th century version of LaserStorm. World war 2 or cold war?

I actually pitched that as an idea to one of the bigger publishers involved in wargaming, but haven't heard back.
If January passes with no response, I may just pursue it on my own.

I think there's definitely a market for a 6mm centric game with a lot of toys, using fairly conventional attack/saving throw mechanics.

Of course, that would mean trying to assign stats to real life guns.. something I hate with the fury of a thousand suns.

* * * * *
Sorting out Precursor unit sizes and points values for LaserStorm today.
I've resolved that I think I need to break the Clash and LaserStorm army lists up into separate things. Trying to do both at the same time is killing me, and people weren't as receptive to it.

I sort of figured the same people played both, but I think that may not be correct.

* * * * *
With 2016, I may experiment a bit with pricing.
I am noticing that comparable games to mine tend to charge 1.5 to 2 times I do.

Being cheap is not a bad thing and there's always a balance between sales and profit, but I think I am under-cutting myself a little bit.

What is your "value" threshold for a 100 page game? 150? 50?

* * * * *

What is the next big project? (other than Five Men)

Who's to say. I'd like to do fantasy and I'd like to finish up the bug hunting game I have sitting.

I also have a mini-game project in mind, with a few rules people have sent to me.